Affiliate Terms of Service
By signing up for the Joe 2.0 Affiliate Program (“Program”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Joe 2.0 reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Continued use of the Program after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
We have the right to terminate any Partnership for any reason we see fit at any time. Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of the Partnership and forfeiture of any outstanding affiliate commission payments earned during the violation.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE
- You must be based in the United States
- You must be 18 or older, and have a social media presence or website
- You must have a PayPal or Venmo account to get paid (PayPal recommended)
- You must be in compliance with our Terms of Service
- You may NOT make unrealistic claims about Joe 2.0. For example, you cannot claim it can treat, cure, or prevent any disease or disorder.
We will review your information and notify you of your acceptance into our Program. Please allow up to 2 weeks for review. We reserve the right to reject anyone, however we encourage you to contact us if you feel we have made an incorrect decision.
SOCIAL MEDIA & WEBSITE RESTRICTIONS
Your participating social media account(s) and website(s) may not:
- Infringe on our or any anyone else’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights.
- Violate any law, rule or regulation.
- Contain any content that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, harassing, harmful to minors, or contains nudity, pornography or sexually explicit materials.
- Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Contain software or use technology that attempts to intercept, divert or redirect Internet traffic to or from any other website, or that potentially enables the diversion of affiliate commissions from another website. This includes toolbars, browser plug-ins, extensions and add-ons.
- Use of any term similar to our brand name “Joe 2.0 Coffee” as part of your social handle is strictly prohibited (i.e. instagram.com/Joe2.0_Coupons)
- Use of any terms similar to our brand name “Joe 2.0 Coffee” as part of the domain or sub-domain for your website is strictly prohibited (i.e. joecoffee.yourwebsite.com or www.joe20-coffee.com)
If you intend to promote our Program via e-mail campaigns, you must adhere to the following:
- Abide by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Public Law No. 108-187) with respect to our Program.
- E-mail must be sent on your behalf and must not imply that the e-mail is being sent on behalf of Joe 2.0
- You may not use a coupon or offer sites to promote our program.
- You may not submit your affiliate code to any coupon sites.
- Any transaction coming from a coupon or offer site will be reversed.
- You may ONLY advertise coupon/discount codes that are provided exclusively to you through the affiliate program.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
- Your Website will not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel of our Website. You will also not use any means to create the impression that your Website is our Website or any part of our Website including, without limitation, framing of our Website in any manner.
- You may not engage in cookie stuffing or include pop-ups, false or misleading links on your website. In addition, wherever possible, you will not attempt to mask the referring url information (i.e. the page from where the click is originating).
- Using redirects to bounce a click off of a domain from which the click did not originate in order to give the appearance that it came from that domain is prohibited.
If you are enrolled in our Program and participate in PPC advertising, you must adhere to our PPC guidelines as follows:
- You may not bid on “Joe 2.0” or “Joe 2.0 Coffee” or any variations or misspellings of these terms for search campaigns on Google, MSN, Yahoo, Facebook or any other network.
- You may not use these terms in sequence with any other keyword (i.e. Joe 2.0 Coupons).
- You may not use these terms in your ad title, ad copy, display name or as the display url.
- If you automate your PPC campaigns, it is your responsibility to exclude these terms from your program and we strongly suggest you add our terms as negative keywords. We have a strict no tolerance policy on PPC trademark bidding.
In the event that a customer requests a refund (and we honor that request) – we reserve the right to deduct any commission already paid out on that sale from future commissions.
REVERSAL & COMMUNICATION POLICY
We reserve the right to reverse orders due to order cancellations, duplicate tracking, returns, disputed charges, and program violations as outlined in these terms and conditions. If we ask you for clarification or more information on any orders or clicks that we suspect may be in violation of our terms and conditions, we expect that you will respond in a timely and honest manner. Below are violations of our communications policy. If any of the following apply, then we reserve the absolute right to reverse orders or suspend you from the program.
- You are not forthcoming, intentionally vague or are found to be lying.
- You are not responsive within a reasonable time period.
- You cannot substantiate or validate the source of your traffic to our program with clear and demonstrable proof.
Content produced by the affiliate in connection to Joe 2.0 and the Program may be reused or repurposed for Joe 2.0's website, social media, or any additional marketing materials.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the extent legally permitted, in no event shall Joe 2.0 or its affiliates, distributors, licensors, and agents, or any of its or their directors, employees, and agents be liable as a result of Affiliate’s use of the Joe 2.0 website or participation in the Joe 2.0 Affiliate Program for direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages, losses or expenses, including without limitation, loss resulting from business disruption, loss of data, lost profits, lost goodwill, or damage to systems or data, howsoever arising, including without limitation, though an action in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, even if Joe 2.0 or its affiliates, distributors, licensors, and agents, or any of its or their directors, employees, and agents have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
FTC DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS
You must include a disclosure statement within any and all pages, blog/posts, or social media posts where affiliate links for our affiliate program are posted as an endorsement or review, and where it is not clear that the link is a paid advertisement. This disclosure statement should be clear and concise, stating that we are compensating you for your review or endorsement. If you received the product for free from us or from the affiliate management team for review, this also must be clearly stated in your disclosure.
- Disclosures should be placed above the fold; scrolling should not be necessary to find the disclosure. (e.g. disclosure should be visible before the jump).
- Pop-up, hover state and button disclosures are prohibited.
- Disclosure policy applies to all social media, even when space is restricted (e.g., tweets)
- Disclosures should be made in the same medium as the claim (e.g. video, text)
For more information about FTC disclosure requirements, please review the FTC's "Dot Com Disclosures" Guidelines at http://www.ftc.gov/os/2013/03/130312dotcomdisclosures.pdf (example 21) and the FTC's Endorsement Guidelines at http://business.ftc.gov/advertising-and-marketing/endorsements
If you engage in so called “native advertising”, you further agree to comply with the FTC’s Enforcement Policy Statement on Deceptively Formatted Advertisements at https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/public_statements/896923/151222deceptiveenforcement.pdf and the related guidelines.